5/15/14

80/20 rule


so, the other day i was doing some internet research on the victoria's secret models, ya know, just tryin' to peep their diet & exercise routine, because lets face it, they all have smokin' hot bods. i found a quote that i immediately fell in love with because it really reflects how i like to live my life.

Victoria’s Secret model, Miranda Kerr said, “I adopt the 80/20 rule. 80% healthy and organic, 20% indulgent and that works for me and my body personally. I indulge occasionally and avoid counting calories.”

makes total sense, right?! 
i love living a clean & healthy lifestyle most of the time but not all of the time. if i have a couple of cocktails today, i may opt out tomorrow. if i'm making pizza for dinner, i'll use organic ingredients & make sure to add a ton of veggies. when i skip a workout, i walk my pup for an hour. 
for me, it's all about balance & not restricting myself 100% of the time. because... how much fun would that be?!

LK

No comments: