4/25/11

Carrot Cake Cupcakes


My parents host Easter dinner for about 15 people, at their house, every year. My mom starts "planning her menu" weeks in advance, even though the menu seems to be the same year after year. She prepares and sets the table days before the event to make sure that everything looks perfect. I love the tradition that this holiday is becoming for our family and friends. 

This year, I decided to venture out and volunteer to bring a dessert that I had never made before (brave move on my part). I wanted to be festive and my boyfriend and I love carrot cake so I narrowed my decision down to carrot cake cupcakes. Making the perfect carrot cake is just as tricky as I thought it would be, there are so many different recipes to choose from. I was pleased with the one I chose; they were flavorful, tasty, moist, and the fact that they were cupcakes made them practically bite-size, which is absolutely perfect for an after dinner treat. Although they were pretty darn good, I still have a little bit of perfecting to do. E-mail me if you'd like the recipe. 






No comments: